On April 29, 2020 we invite you to be a part of an extraordinary, worldwide, first-of-a-kind celebration of Israel’s 72nd Independence Day. Join celebrity guests and people from across the world on this star-studded, one hour Facebook Live event.
From 2 to 3 PM ET tune in to catch:
- Matisyahu singing a medley of “One Day” with voices from the Jewish Agency for Israel’s Partnership2Gether communities from around the world and Jewish leaders from more than 30 countries sharing a message of hope and celebration
- American film star Joshua Malina share about how Israeli doctors and scientists are on the front lines of the battle against COVID-19
- The Brothers Platt – Ben, Henry and Jonah—sing in honor of Israel’s celebration
- Chefs from around the world debate whether falafel is the quintessential Israeli food and then watch, author of the cook book Sababa, Adeena Sussman, teach how to make it
- The son of a former Israeli President Chaim Hertzog, z”l, Isaac ‘Bougie’ Herzog, tell a story about Israel’s War of Independence and then pay tribute to former President Ben Gurion, z”l
- Exclusive footage of Israel’s official Independence Day Ceremony on Mt.Hertzl and a message from Israeli President Reuven Rivlin
- A finale, where we will virtually join together to sing Israel’s national anthem, Hatikva, with two celebrity female vocalists– one from Israel and the other from Canada—and a group of 25 top Israeli and Diaspora Jewish musicians from around the world.
- And so much more
Come together with thousands of people around the world to celebrate Israel’s 72nd birthday virtually as one big global family. Featuring celebrity guests, fun surprises and more. Learn more at jfeds.org/YomHaatzmaut. Visit https://www.facebook.com/jfederations to view the live stream.
Sponsor: Jewish Federations of North America