Do you know an outstanding Jewish communal professional in the Lehigh Valley? Nominate him or her for the 2023 Mark L. Goldstein Award.
"To the communal professional who has exemplified the finest qualities of leadership in Jewish life through service to the community; whose commitment and dedication has furthered the ideals and quality of Jewish life here and throughout the world."
The Mark L. Goldstein Award for outstanding Jewish communal professionals was established in 2019 in memory of Mark, who served as executive director of the Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley for 16 years and committed his entire career to Jewish communal service. The award will be presented to an individual in recognition of extraordinary work as a communal professional. The recipient will have made a significant impact through his or her professional role, demonstrating dedication and commitment to Jewish values, pursuing collaborative efforts and exhibiting optimism and leadership in the Lehigh Valley Jewish community.
- Nominee should be professionally employed in the field of Jewish communal service in the Lehigh Valley at the time of nomination; serving at for example, an agency, synagogue or other Jewish communal organization.
- Nominee should have demonstrated creative thinking in his or her job, developed positive working relationships with lay leadership and professional colleagues, and serve as a role model in the community.
- Nominee should have demonstrated evidence of professionalism, commitment to Jewish values and demonstrated community collaboration on behalf of the broader Jewish community. This should include demonstrated respect for others, self-motivation, communal responsibility and interest in communal affairs over and above one’s own institution.
- Nominee should be willing to participate in programs designed to interpret and develop awareness of community services at the approval and direction of his or her employer.
- Nominee should be willing to participate in organization-related local, regional, national and international meetings at the approval and direction of his or her employer.
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO DESERVES THIS SPECIAL RECOGNITION?
If so, please submit his or her name and Jewish organization at which he or she is employed, along with a short statement indicating the reasons for consideration for this award.
Nominations, including the person's name, Jewish organization and a paragraph about why he or she is nominated, may be sent to the attention of Mark L. Goldstein Award, Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley, 702 North 22nd Street, Allentown, PA 18104 or by e-mail to email@example.com with Mark L. Goldstein Award in the subject line. Nominations must be received no later than May 5, 2023.