The Jewish Community Center of Lehigh Valley sharpens the mind, strengthens the body and inspires the spirit of the entire community through social, education, recreation and wellness programs instilled with Jewish values, culture and traditions.
More than 100 years ago, the JCC of the Lehigh Valley was created to serve the needs of a growing Jewish community. We have established ourselves as a driving force in the social, cultural and educational life surrounding the greater Lehigh Valley. The entire community—families and singles, young and old—have come to play, learn, exercise, socialize and share in the cultural wealth of our community. The JCC has become our “neighborhood,” a place where Jewish and secular values and traditions can be shared actively in a warm, comfortable, vibrant environment.
The JCC serves nearly 2,000 members and hundreds of community participants. We welcome you to tour our facilities, find out about our programs and become part of our extended family because there's something about this place®.
THE JCC AT A GLANCE
The JCC of the Lehigh Valley seeks to embrace the true spirit of community and is dedicated to the enrichment of Jewish life while fostering the spiritual, emotional and physical development of our members through all life stages and circumstances. We support Jewish values within our vibrant and evolving community. Our programming covers the diverse needs of our community from infants through our mature citizens. The JCC of the Lehigh Valley operates with the following four pillars in mind.
- Full-service early childhood education program, from infant child care through pre-k
- JLounge offer an enriching afterschool program complete with transportation and classes for all ages and interests
- Stagemakers at the J, a youth theater production program for children in pre-k through 8th grade.
- Summer Adventure starts at Camp JCC, an eight week traditional day camp summer program that also offers specialty art, cooking and specialty sports camps, and Camp Ruach for our youngest campers
- 30-station workout fitness center with cardio and strength equipment
- Personal and small group training and individualized attention
- Free GROUPx classes, including Zumba, Yoga, Cycling, Bars, Pilates, Total Body Reset, and Silver Sneakers program
- Extensive swim program for children and adults, including an indoor pool and outdoor pool; includes JSeals Swim team
- Recreational programs including our celebrated basketball program, an indoor golf simulator, pickleball and squash
- Master craft classes
- Trips such as Broadway shows, social gatherings, and historic sites
- Community Israel celebrations
- Hanukkah, Annual Purim Carnival, and community celebrations
- Jewish and Israeli Film Nights
- Family activities at the J and Camp JCC